Dr. Narendra KulkarniSr. Scientist & Breeder
is an Agriculture Post Graduate and Ph.D in Genetics & Plant Breeding. He has been associated with Agriculture University, Hyderabad for 34 years during which he was the Principal Scientist for 12 years.
He has released many elite varieties & hybrids of Rice, Maize and Sorghum during last 30 years. His many hybrids & varieties of Rice have stood first in All India trials.
He has held many important positions including Member of Management Committee of Directorate of Rice Research, appointed by Union Agriculture Minister . He was also Advisor to the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh for five years. Under his guidance, many students have completed their Ph.D. thesis.
He has published many research papers.
Original research = 39
Foreign Newsletter = 52
Popular articles = 18
He has also contributed A.P.Chapter in the book entitled “Genetic improvement of he has rice varieties of India.” 2004.
He has also presented number of papers in National and International Symposiums.
Recently he was awarded as “Best Scientist” Award by Govt. of India
Other Positions Held by Dr.Narendra Kulkarni:
1) Apellate authority of state seed production for 2002-2003.
2) Acted as referee to various journals viz Indian Journal Of Agricultural Sciences, Indian Journal Of Genetics and plant breeding, oryza, Journal of research APAU.
3) Chairman of selection committee for selection of junior and senior research fellows and research associates.
4) Coordinator of state level training programme on rice production technology to department of agricultural staff.
5) Expert member to government of AP on agriculture for one year.